Is it difficult to make the nuts?
No, there are no special candy making skills required. The automated temperature controls in our NBR2000+ nut roaster ensures that the nuts are roasted and glazed perfectly every time. You simply add a bag of our Nut Mix to the roaster along with one cup of water and our liquid flavoring and turn on the heat and motor. When the nuts are fully roasted and glazed the machine will buzz to notify you that the batch is complete. It’s really that easy!
What is Nut Mix?
The Nutty Bavarian produces several varieties of ready mixes that are used to make our world-famous glazed nuts. We start with select ingredients and then package them in pre-portioned single batch bags that are formulated to work perfectly with the nut roaster.
Not only are our mixes very convenient to use, but they ensure a consistent, high quality final product. Enough of our pre-portioned liquid flavoring is also included in each case. The only other ingredient that’s needed to make the nuts is regular water.
Our most popular varieties are almonds, pecans, and cashews.
How much space and electricity does the nut roaster require to operate?
The roaster requires a minimum 34-inch-wide counter. This includes enough space to dump the nuts to the side of the roaster for cooling. The electrical requirement for the roaster is a 120-volt, 20-amp dedicated circuit.
How long does it take to make a batch?
It takes about 15 minutes for the nuts to complete the roasting process. After that, the nuts are dumped and allowed to cool for 5 more minutes before they can be packaged for sale.
Is it difficult to clean the nut roaster?
No. The roaster practically cleans itself. At the end of each day you add 1 quart of water to the kettle, place the cleaning lid on, and allow the water to boil for 5-10 minutes. The steam that’s created dissolves any sugar buildup and sanitizes the kettle. The water is then removed and the kettle is ready for the next day’s use.
How are the nuts packaged after they are made?
The Nutty Bavarian carries a variety of packaging types including traditional paper cone bags, plastic cone bags, and various sizes of gift containers.
What’s the best way to display the nuts for sale?
The nuts that are packaged in the paper cone bags typically sell the best. Our Nut Warmer merchandising unit displays the nuts in an attractive, well-lit, and compact unit that heats from both the top and bottom. The customers love when the nuts are served warm and fresh!
Can the paper cones be customized with my store’s logo and information?
Yes. There is a minimum order requirement and design fees will apply. Give us a call for more info.
What is the suggested retail price for the nuts?
Most of our licensees sell a single cone for $4, two cones for $7.50, or three cones for $10. At more upper scale locations or sports venues, the nuts can be sold for more. Our sales team will work with you to suggest what your best price point will be.
Can the nuts be purchased pre-made so we don’t have to make them on-site?
The Nutty Bavarian does sell pre-roasted and glazed nuts in bulk as a means to supplement production for very high-volume locations. One of the key selling factors is the incredible aroma that’s generated while making the nuts fresh on-site in direct view of the customer. We realize that not everyone has the resources to cook the nuts at their location and we are happy to sell you pre-glazed nuts so you can package them for sale if that’s the best fit for your business. But locations that sell them this way do not typically enjoy the same sales success as locations that roast the nuts on-site and create the smell. Our slogan is “The smell is the sell!”.
How long does it take to ship my equipment after I place my order?
Orders for the NBR2000+ Nut Roaster and Nut Warmers typically ship a day or 2 after full payment is received. Our Arena Cart typically ships within 2 weeks after the order is placed.
What is the shelf-life of the nuts?
- Finished nuts are a non-potentially hazardous food item, meaning there is no time/temperature control to keep them safe for consumption. Therefore, any shelf-life is a “best if sold by” suggestion. We suggest a timeline of 2 weeks. Nuts that are sealed in containers taste fresh for months after they are packaged.
- Nut Mix has a shelf life of 6 months from the date of manufacture stamped on each case. It does not require refrigeration, but the shelf life can be extended greatly if doing so.
What kind of support does The Nutty Bavarian provide its licensees?
As you’re getting started:
- The Nutty Bavarian helps licensees evaluate locations and determine overall profitability.
- We advise on what to expect regarding Health Department requirements and permitting.
- In many instances we offer on-site program roll-out and training to teach you the optimum sales practices to maximize your business.
After you’ve opened the support doesn’t end:
- We use our experience of over 25 years in the glazed nut business to advise our licensees on the best sales practices.
- We communicate with you on a regular basis to check in and see if there is any assistance we can provide.
- We keep you up to date with any new sales techniques or marketing strategies to help ensure your long-term success.
- We offer 24/7 live technical support for any equipment related issues.
- We develop signage and merchandising materials to help increase sales.
- We give you access to the exclusive licensee section of our website which is loaded with equipment training videos, downloadable signage, and other helpful how-to videos and information.
- We continually strive to provide the best possible customer support for our licensees.
Click here if you’d like more info on how to become a licensee of The Nutty Bavarian